Reflecting on time spent in high school

Another year of high school is almost at its end, but this time is special. Come May 20, I will officially be graduating high school and leaving my adolescence behind to venture into adulthood. The thought terrifies me, but it also fills me with an exhilarating eagerness. There is so much to look forward to and so much that I still have to do with my life; high school was definitely not my peak (at least I hope not). However, as a whole, these have not been the worst four years of my life.

As easy as it is to focus on the negatives of high school, I definitely had a lot of positives. For one, I have an amazing group of friends. The relationships I have developed with all of them have only strengthened during high school. These are people who I hope to stay in touch with even after high school.

Though I have endured a lot of stress due to my classes, I have gotten great grades consecutively during my years at Seaman. Not only that, but I received my goal score on the ACT, something that will help me with financial aid in college and to get into vet school. Grades and GPA do matter, but it is okay if you do not get an A in every class. I wish I would have known that beforehand; I would have saved myself a lot of stress.

I may have had my qualms about Seaman every now and then, but we have some great students, and even better teachers. I am so glad that I had the chance to learn from these amazing teachers. It is my goal to stay in touch with them even after I have left the Seaman community.

Just like any with any high school, my time at Seaman has had its fair share of ups and downs. However, I choose to keep the positive memories with me as I continue on my journey and start anew.