Vikings Welcome New Face, Mrs. Madison Koenen

Mrs.+Koenen+talks+to++sophomore+Jordan+about+FFA.+

Savanah Reeves

Mrs. Koenen talks to sophomore Jordan about FFA.

As the school year has kicked off you may be seeing many new faces around the building here at Seaman High School, one of them being Mrs. Koenen. 

Mrs. Koenen is not only new to the school but also new to teaching and having to teach classes of her own. 

“I’m most excited about teaching Horticulture. I love the hands-on aspect of that class and getting to be outside or working with plants in class is a blast. Kids also typically really enjoy horticulture and working with plants, so that makes my job even more fun!”

Mrs. Koenen was offered many jobs and had to pick which place she thought would make the best fit for her. She had heard many good things about each place but knew SHS was the place she wanted to be. 

“The day I got offered this job I got two other job offers so I had to pick that day and I think it just came down to everyone that interviewed me was super nice I knew that Mrs. VanGordan was awesome.”

FFA has also received a new sponsor with Mrs. Koenen, who will take over while Mrs. VanGordan is away on maternity leave. Koenen has experience with FFA as she was a member during high school.

“My FFA advisor in high school is what made me want to be an FFA advisor. She was so encouraging and truly cared about building a relationship with her students, so I want to continue that legacy. I also really enjoy CDE events and coaching teams in livestock judging, floriculture, and many others.”

Outside of school you might find Mrs. Koenen shopping around Sam’s club or in the kitchen baking goodies. 

If you see her around the building or out at an FFA event make sure to give her a warm welcome vikings.