Seaman Clipper

Filed under Girls Soccer, SPORTS

Lady Vikes Soccer play rival Shawnee Heights

The Lady Vikings soccer team is in the middle of their season with a record of 4-5. The Vikings played rival Shawnee Heights, ranked 5-4, on April 22. Last year the Vikings went 1-1 against Heights.

Vikings were ready to attack headed into the locker room after a strong warm-up. Straight out of the gates the team knew this was going to be a difficult game. The T-Birds came out ready to fight. The Vikings gained some confidence after they scored the first goal of the game. Answering back, Heights scored a goal of their own. Shawnee Heights earned two more goals before the half. Neither of the teams were able to score the rest of the game, making the end score 1-3, Shawnee Heights.

Sophomore defender Kaycee Tanner said, “Definitely not our best game. In the past two games we were working on our passing, and possession which helped us with the outcome. But, this game we weren’t able to execute.”

This game will not leave them down but inspire the drive to improve.

“We should have come out stronger than we did, and put in the hard effort from the end of the second half throughout the whole game,” said Tanner.

The Vikings next game is Thursday against Topeka West. This next practice they are wanting to focus on the points they need, and really execute and compete at their highest level for this next game.